Hey, I'm Devan.
I'm a BK/NYC based product designer, who thinks a whole lot about people.
I'm currently a lead UX Designer at JP Morgan Chase. Before that I spent nearly 5 years at a startup, making my way from marketing to user experience and product design. I've learned a lot about people, business, design, and how closely intertwined the three are.
I believe that in order for a company to have exceptional design it needs to be embedded at every single level and direction (ie. ↑↓←→). I'm a designer, sure, but I think with that title comes the responsibility of teaching people around us to think like designers, too (using empathy to gain context, taking the time to understand the actual problem before jumping to solutions, collaborating and iterating). I also think it's our job to be conscious of how our work impacts our future.
We're all designers, some of us just forgot along the way.
Interaction Design | Visual Design | User Testing | User Research | Invision/Principal/Axure | ADA Compliance | CSS/HTML | Sketch | Component Libraries | Service Blueprints | Design Thinking | Agile | Adobe CS | Strategy | Interviewing | Omnigraffle | Building Relationships | Using Google ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cooking | Drawing | Reading | Building a Community | Karaoke | The Great Outdoors | Learning New Things | Design Thinking | Shared Value | Building a Team | UX Strategy | Design Ethics
General Assembly | New York, NY | Spring 2014
12 Week Part-Time Course
Champlain College | Burlington, VT | Spring 2012
GRAPHIC DESIGN AND DIGITAL MEDIA, B.S.
GPA 3.74, Magna Cum Laude, Design Achievement Award, Willard & Maple Art Award, AIGA Champlain College Chapter Treasurer, Excellence in Communication and Creative Media
JPMorgan Chase & Co. | New York, NY | Jun 2017 - Now
SR. USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER
I work on the digital wealth management team within the digital customer experience team. I partner with product, legal, business stakeholders, engineering, and research, to design and deliver ADA compliant products and features that help our customers be more strategic with their finances.
LiveIntent | New York, NY | Mar 2017 - Jun 2017
PRODUCT DESIGN MANAGER
In addition to the responsibilities of product designer, I led the product design team and partnered closely with product and engineering leadership. Together we ensured our teams were delivering valuable features in 2 week sprints.
LiveIntent | New York, NY | Apr 2016 - Mar 2017
Worked on cross-functional team with product and engineering to design applications that aligned with user and business needs.
- Tested prototypes and rapidly iterated to validate designs
- Created technical process flows, wireframes and prototypes • to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Created research plans, field guides and led customer interviews to understand customers’ mental model to inform products
- Worked with devs and QA to deliver in 2 week sprints
- Taught other teams how to apply design thinking
- Defined UX metrics that reflected both the quality of user experience and the product objectives
LiveIntent | New York, NY | Jul 2015 - Apr 2016
ASSOCIATE UX DESIGNER
Worked with product, engineering and other departments to create experiences that aligned with user and business needs.
- Collaborated with engineering to design and build components to create cross application consistency
- Utilized service design practices to help the people development team improve their hiring process
LiveIntent | New York, NY | Jan 2015 - Jun 2015
PRODUCT MARKETING DESIGNER
Collaborated with product, marketing and sales to create materials that drove product adoption.
- Designed a knowledge center that helped onboard and support ad ops, account management and platform users
- Created technical product content, including product release notes, email product updates and how-to guides
LiveIntent | New York, NY | Jul 2012 - Dec 2014
Collaborated with sales and marketing to create collateral that educated prospects, generated leads and supported closing deals.
- Developed standards for digital and print materials
- Created pitch decks with executive team for multiple rounds of series funding
- Created print collateral and mobile experiences for conferences, and events, to generate leads and follow-ups